Monday 3 June 2013

His radiance...

Yesterday I ran around the Mount in the early morning. As per usual, my head was down, my mind entirely focussed on one foot in front of the other.. and so I journeyed the entire route. I planned to do it again a second time, only suddenly my focus was caught by the sight in front of me. The risen sun was still blazing orange in the horizon, highlighting the ship in front of it, into a flaming glory, and I couldnt make my feet to move beyond it. I plonked myself in front of it contentedly. The smell of waffles filled the air from the cafe across the road, busy early risers exercised back and forth around me. I felt Jesus whisper to me "Talk to me". Oh where to begin Father. Its been too long. How can I talk to you Lord every day, and yet not 'talk'? How can I go about so many weeks and days in a sense of striving, or is it just a shallow acceptance of status quo? How did I so miss that knowing that my heart beats in time with Yours?
And I hear you command me again.. ALL!. I know it already, I know that there can be nothing else besides you, I know  I need you more than anything.
My heart comes once again into the fullness of Your glorious light and like that ship, I know Im lost in your radiance, that your all consuming FIRE must burn in me completley. And it does. And I find myself at your feet again, my heart lost once more in a love that I dont deserve.
Thankyou Father for not leaving my heart in that shaded space, to not letting me be anything but %100 lost in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment