Friday 2 August 2013

Dare Ye Ask?

Writing out my love story prompted me to pull out my journals from of old.
They are records of my conversations between me and Lord.
Reading through them, a smile crept over my face.
Sweeter than my love story with Sam, is my love story with Jesus. Nothing compares!!
And although I smile at how God weaved mine and Sams hearts together, what marvels me, is how HE alone fulfilled the deepest longings of my heart.

One of my favourite diary entries is marked on the 25th of January 2002. Less than a month before God whispered to me "Sam is your husband"..

God had already been speaking to me about trusting Him for that future man, that He delights in me, that He crowns me with love.. and on that day, I sensed God saying to me "Fleur, I cant wait to show you what a generous God I am"... and the prompting of my heart was this: DARE YE ASK?!

I know I must have had a mountain of desires I would have wanted to utter. But in my own handwriting I write "Lord, A Garden, please give me a garden to grow and a place to meditate upon You"

Can you just imagine it from Gods perspective. I can imagine Him up in heaven beaming with excitement
"Oh Fleur, wait till you see the garden I am preparing for you". I couldnt see it. In fact, my journal documents a feeling of being stripped, a knowing that doors were closing and a choice to trust my God, even when I didnt know what was next. He knew all the true desires in my heart and I knew that. I knew I could trust Him with what He deemed best.

Sam and I were engaged on the first day of spring 2002. On that morning, not knowing what was ahead, God gave me this verse

"See! The winter is past;
 the rains are over and gone. 
Flowers appear on the earth; 
 the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
 the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me.”

As if Jesus was leading me Himself blindfolded to a meadow and saying "Fleur, here is your garden!". 
Later that day, Sam surprised me and aptly proposed to me up in a tree. 

On our wedding day, Sam spoke to me these words "Fleur, your name means flower, you bring colour and fragrance to others lives, but most of all mine".

Reflecting on the story of my garden, I cannot help but love God more. My heart sings with gratitude!!

His orchestration of details and the knowledge of my heart... He was faithful to hear the cry of my heart and to take a simple offering of a prayer, a willingness to place my hand in His. And He honoured and blessed it FAR more than I could imagine!!

And if thats what He can do with a love story... imagine what He can do when we trust Him for every area of our lives. Imagine how He can weave His beauty in every area of our lives! We have only begun to taste of His goodness. We have only yet had a glimpse of what He can do, if we are willing to yield our will to Him and seek Him!

DARE YOU ASK?!!!!

Luke 11:9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment