Monday 13 October 2014

25 weeks

Hey baby boy!
Were somewhere around there.. 25 weeks! Im not rushing those weeks. I love every moment youre in. I stop mid sentence in conversations just to feel you kick and wriggle and dont hesitate to bare my belly for any willing hand that wants to feel you. And I love it.
The other morning I woke up and placed my hand on my stomach. In my dozey wake up mode, I could feel the perfect form of a wee leg sitting up top and I traced my hand gently along it, smiling. Does life get any better than this?
You add something to our family, kind of like a tickle. The anticipation and delight of you sets a sparkle of grins and giggles across our lives.

I guess one of my favourite aspects of this pregnancy is have prior wisdom. I find myself staring in the face of all the consumerism, must have outfits and baby gadgets and thinking "whatever was wrong with simple?". But its more than that. I puzzle that anyone would try to outdress the gorgeousness of newborn baby skin, fresh new lips, the sweetest smell this side of heaven and the most blissful feeling of delight.

I love what you add to our family in terms of preparation too. Not in the stuff sense, but the way lifes routines carve a way for you. Ive had to teach the boys to do more.. help with meal prep, pop away toys, clean up a mess that might be nothing of their own. Were all better for it. Ive also learnt to play more. I make myself stop and ignore time while having a game of Monopoly or Battleships. Who cares if it takes 2 hours? I get that these days go so quick and I want to treasure them.

Its made me a lot more playful. Perhaps caught between the tension of watching the older ones fast grow up, and also knowing that you will soon be here and babyland will strangely be thrust upon us once more. Ive found myself not caring if things arent perfect, or if I havent caught the moment on camera. Instead Im more inclined to stop and breathe in the moment for what it is... and love that its mine to know.

Sweet pea, thank you for all you add to our lives. Thank you for being you!!
The proudest mama ever.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment