Tuesday 16 July 2013

Hidden in Him...


One of my favourite books ever, is Corrie Ten Boom 'The Hiding Place'. A story of a woman who survives Ravensbruck, being sent there after hiding jews in a small room in her house, to save their lives.
Its an incredible story of courage, bravery, trust, forgiveness. In my teens I lost count of how many times I read and read the story, its message soaking deep into the core of my being.. that no matter how much we suffer, God is there, more present, more real than our deepest fears.

This morning I read this verse Isaiah 49: 2
"And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword;
In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me,
And made Me a polished shaft;
In His quiver He has hidden Me.”

The past couple of days I have cried out to God more than ever. Seeking God for a courage, a wisdom, a holiness that is NOTHING to do with my own, and everything to do with Him. 
Oh how faithful He was to answer. And his answer was not as I would expect, He simply spoke to me this "I have hidden you in me".

Like Corrie Ten Boom, not hidden from trouble, trials, temptations, pain... hidden, in Him, to be refined. Hidden to be sharpened. Hidden to be polished and ready to be an instrument of truth, an instrument ready for His service. Sometimes simply hidden from the extent of what I am myself, till I am simply lost in Him.

Thank you Jesus that over and over, in my brokenness, I find whole ness and security, peace and rest in You.
You are my souls delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment