Thursday 9 January 2014

Patient in Affliction.

Ive been meditating on that verse this week. Chewing it over. Sometimes wanting to spit it out. I find myself wanting to reason with it "Lord, havent I shown patience enough?". I argue with it "Well, at what point does patience just become plain stupid". Me and my band wagon have a plan and a time schedule on ousting pain in my life. And if Im honest, I have to keep coming back and kneeling again at the foot of the Cross and reminding God "I dont like this pain, but please grant me your grace". Grace has to be the furtherest thing from what my natural self wants. Its easier to take the exit than it is to walk through it. Last night we had a pretty impressive storm here in Tauranga. Lightening, thunder, hail. It hit right at the time my hubby had taken my 8yr old boy out for a late evening fishing trip on the rocks. I tried to phone them to warn them, but the phone didnt connect. Though concerned, I felt a huge measure of peace. My lil boy was with his daddy. And Sam is no fool. He would never willingly or knowingly put our children in grave danger. If grave danger did occur, I had full confidence that Sam would be more than able to manage the emergency with clear headed decisive wisdom. So I boiled the jug and waited for the wet and spooked men to arrive home for a mug of hot chocolate and a piece of chocolate brownie. The garage door went up and in sprung 8yr old son with a beaming smile and not a drip of wet on him. "Oh mum, that was so cool. We were standing on the rocks and it got really dark and it was dark all around us, but we had like a ring of clear sky right above us. We got to the van and then a few minutes later it just bucketed down". I uttered a quiet prayer of thanks to a very amazing Heavenly Father. Like that storm, I find myself in the midst of circumstances I dont particularly like. And I keep looking all around me, trying to find the clear exit out. But Gods got me right in the middle of it. And perhaps I can rest on the fact that He has a ring of protection on me. Not only that, but I can rest in knowing that like Sam, my Father will not allow me to be in places of grave danger Spiritually. If He knows that the circumstance is going to yield damage and loss of faith to my soul, I can rest in knowing He will faithfully lead me out of it. More than that, I can rest in knowing that the outcome of these circumstances, is yielding for me, a knowing of His character which yields FAR more fruit in my life. If knowing Him truly is the goal of my heart, than I wont be harried and anxious to get rid of the very things that lead me straight to Him. James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. Storms absolutely will come. But He is there. Be patient and don't plead to have the pain removed.. you may very miss the gem and treasure thats buried beneath your feet. x

No comments:

Post a Comment