Sunday 25 September 2011

He guides me along the right paths.. Psalm 23

1.The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He provides for me all my needs. Right now I am believing and waiting on him for 2 things: something really practical and fun for the kids outside, like a trampoline. And a pair of flattering feminine jeans. The latter sounds trifle but Ive always just rushed out to get what I need/want when it comes to my wardrobe. I really want to honour Him in my wardrobe and let this be an area which reflects His loving provision. Matthew 6:27 And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
 3 he refreshes my soul.
Often I look to other things for refreshment. Time away from the kids. A good book. Time in front of the computer. A bit of craft. But my Father knows what I need before I even need it. He knows the need of my heart and soul for being nourished and ministered to and takes care of it. I can trust Him to fill my soul with the deepest measures of peace as I wait and rest in Him.

He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake.  
His hand is in mine, He is faithful to keep me close.

4 Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.
When the path is narrow and dark, just like in my vision, He is there. He will not let me fall. He will hold me and walk with me. I dont need to be afraid of the unknowns, of the impending disasters that the world fears... He is there!

You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows.
He provides and esteems me, right in front of my enemies!

Surely your goodness and love will follow me
   all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
   forever.
Look upon my life and see His favour. It is with me wherever I go. And then I will walk into the presence of the Lord for all eternity 

No comments:

Post a Comment