Thursday 22 September 2011

Jeremiah 33:3

This was the first ever memory verse I learned as a wee girl "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and marvellous things you do not know". Its inscribed upon my heart. It awakened in me a passion, a longing, a promise.. that if I call upon my Lord, if I see Him, He will whisper in my ear the secrets of heaven, He will open up the eyes of my faith to the things only He sees.
The only way I can describe this week is through that verse. Its as if God has reawakened a longing in me to live ABOVE the worlds perspective, I no longer want to be a mere Christian dwelling here, doing my time. I want to dare to believe and dream that I can live in the fullness of the presence of Jesus. That my life can be lost in Him. That my eyes will see what He sees. That my ears will hear the things of heaven.
And yes, Im scared. Scared not of what I will see and hear. Scared I will slowly allow the busyness of life, the things of this world, creep over my life and bring about dullness. I keep asking Jesus "keep my eyes on you Father". Today He whispered to me "Ive never let you go.. I wont stop holding you near". Just like spring has let its presence be known with the upcoming blossoms and warmth of the sun, I feel like Jesus has let spring come into my soul. And I am rich because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment