Sunday 18 September 2011

Thinning out the carrots

When I was reading my Word and praying last night, I got a picture of our lives being like a crop of carrots in the process of being thinned. When you put the seeds in the ground, you throw in many and then as they grow, you pull every other seedling out.. to make room for the others to grow big. I realised how very much our life is like that at the moment... full of little babies (figurative, not literal).. baby dreams, hopes, plans, details etc. I felt Gods call to prioritize the important, to look to Him to bring the order we crave and so need.
Sam and I got together, and we prayed. We talked, we pour out our hearts. We sat staring at each other and confessed we wouldnt continue to go another month, another year, with life staying the same. We would dare to make the necessary sacrifices, dare to lose sleep to seek a deeper walk with Jesus, dare to let go of anything that holds us in a rut.
I woke this morning and I have prayed. Every moment I can. Im praying for God to move in our lives, to be our hands, our feet, our hearts, our eyes, our breath. Im praying for God to give us a fresh understanding of the depth of His love for us and the lost. And to not just understand it. But to live in the power of it. I wait with baited breath for the light upon our path as we seek Him earnestly as to whether we stay here or move. As to His purpose for Sams work. As to His vision for our children. As to His heart for the ministry of our lives. Oh Lord, on You we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment