Monday 14 April 2014

Easter fun..

So in turns out, in town, at Tilly and Tiffen, they are stocking a supply of Belle & Boo. And we just happen to be a family of almost bunny fans. Excluding Husband. He is allergic. To anything with fur. (Which is probably a good thing, cause lets face it, keeping 4 kids alive is hard enough, heh). I digress. With a belle and boo cookie cutter in hand. We began an easter fun adventure. I mean, isnt this cute??
And I know that Easter is not just all about bunnies. Far from it. But who can resist this lil guy?! I started out with decorating up the house with flowers. This is the perfect time of year to go nuts on pastels and pull out the bits that evoke beauty and freshness and life. Being that winter feels like its finally landed upon us, I was only too happy to pretty up the indoors and fill the room with scented flowers. Divine. I think I paid about $20 for 4 bunches from Countdown.
I love this bunch of flowers, tulips of red to represent hope... that the washing on the line in the background might eventually dry.
My mum had given me this jar she made herself, from her 60th party. Its my favourite, all handmade with lace and hessian. Ive had so many comments on it.
. Wouldnt jam jars decorated up and a small bunch of flowers placed inside, popped anonymously onto the doorstep of a friend or neighbour just be the sweetest thing to do this Easter.. a little "Jesus loves you". Maybe even something simple like this.. . I couldnt think of a person who'd mind to be reminded that they are precious to Him. (And to us). We also punched out some pink glitter cardstock from Spotlight ($3.80 a sheet, I used 2) and made ourselves a garland, using this tutorial: http://youtu.be/B3DSAnsKq_Y Cutest tutorial, and make sure you check out her others.. the arrows, the baby announcement.. melt. We strung our pink garland over the doorway in our kitchen. Its pretty and sparkly and festive! Then we went to town making some batik pictures, which was a fantastic way of incorporating a lesson on types of lines, colour mixing and what eggs represent. We used crayons and food colouring, and had a ball.
Oh, and I have no intentions to break with the tradition of chocolate easter eggs as my childhood memories are of mum making all her own chocolate marshmallow eggs. That is to come :)
Back to our belle and boo bunny. It comes with a gorgeous spiced recipe..
. However, I recently found Countdown stocks English Dolly Mix.. and these cookies were just the purpose for these. $1.69e.
/ I used a basic sweet recipe and we had a ball... or should I say the kids had a ball.. cutting and decorating.
Its been a fun and crazy couple of days!! Tonight were off to the hotpools. I am sure that getting an early nights sleep and the house back into order, could be a priority. But this is Easter.. and the best time of all to make family memories around something that changed history forever. The Cross. Jesus. Our Saviour. What could matter more?!

No comments:

Post a Comment