Sunday 6 April 2014

In my early twenties, while most were off at University, or working, or travelling, or getting on with their lives.. I was at home, working in a cafe, making sandwhiches. Up at 5:45am, home somewhere around 3pm.. and I cant begin to tell you how many times I asked God; WHAT are you doing with my life?? Yet, one of the most memorable times there, was working next to a beautiful young girl who was carefree, spunky and fun. Over time she got into a relationship, eventually moved out of home, and into a campervan with this young guy. She was out of relationship with her parents, and started turning up with bruises on her. One day, I remember her turning up with some obvious signs of a fight, and I started asking questions. It was quick to ascertain, she didnt feel safe. She went home and I couldnt shake it. To this day, I cant describe the courage of my actions. I got in my car, drove over to the campsite, found her campervan with her and him inside it. I walked in, said hi, told her to grab her stuff, said goodbye to him, and drove her home to her parents house. Walked in and said "here is your daughter, she needs you". They thanked me, and I drove home. I reflect back with a mortified sense at my naivety. Yet, it was more than that. The truth is, I was more than assured that should this guy try and beat me also, that I could cry out to a heavenly Father who could save me. The word would better be "audacity". I could audaciously dare to venture into danger, to right an injustice, because I knew who was with me. As I have been praying and working through some things, this past little while, I have found my heart beating with that same desire to walk into realms where the enemy has been wreaking havoc, and as Eric ludy says, "ask audaciously" (Wrestling Prayer) for heaven to come. And alongside that desire for spiritual audacity, has also been the reckoning of self. Id like to think that was easier. The truth is, thats the hardest part. Self always gets in the way of spiritual audacity. Self preservation is proud, short sighted and fearful. God has given me a calling since I was a tiny little girl, Ive known since I was about 8 years old for what purpose He has called me. Do you know, here I am at 36, and I have yet to see that come to fruition. Do I think God has given up? Of course He hasnt. But I do know this: He is setting me free from Fear of Man. Why? Because rescuing the lost takes audacity, it takes a God sized courage to stand before Kings and Authorities and say "GIVE ME THAT WHICH BELONGS TO MY LORD", and being fearful of how man can hurt me, will stand in my way. When David fought Goliath, he first trained in the fields on bears and lions. My campervan experience, that was just a bear to whats to come. And the same with you! You are in training, there is still a Goliath to fight. Today I went to the park, it was a spare of the moment decision after taking the kids swimming. In fact, I drove past and last minute thought "do it" before reversing my car backwards and pulling in. It was for me, out of character. I had a dinner to put on, wet hair, kids who needed showers and had no shoes.. but something in me prompted to do so, and so I did. We were there only a few minutes when a car sped in, dropped off a young mum with her son, naked and grubby faced, swore abuse at her, and sped off. I stood frozen. I threw up a prayer and that same voice was there again, just like it was all those years ago at the campervan "Love her Fleur". I walked up to her, hugged her and asked her if she was okay, and that God sized courage came over me again. I asked her, "do you believe in God".. she kinda did.. so I prayed, and you know, I dont remember what I prayed but I knew God had shown up and that was all that mattered. We played, and we laughed together at her sweet baby boy, and I watched over a matter of minutes the pain lift off her face. He came back a little while later, and sat and watched us. I threw over to him the comment "He's a cute boy dad".. he glared at me and lowered his face a little. But then I noticed his expression change and a few minutes later he came and stood with us and he softened a little. A left them to it a short while later, I just had that sense that Jesus was there, and that He was working in the hearts of that couple today. As Id drove off, I felt a little nudge in me.. that sense of asking audaciously.. I told him my dream and I was sure I heard Him say "come with me, Im so glad you asked!" :) Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we askor think, according to the power that worketh in us . . .Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment